Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 2002 00:20:07 +0200
From:      "Frank 'Freddy' Altpeter" <frank@altpeter.de>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem using USB - ATAPI - CDRW with cdrecord

Hello !

Nate Lawson wrote on 24.08.2002 14:38:34 -0700:
> Try boot -v first and see if you get a message like "Attached to scbus0 as
> device X".
Well, i don't.

> If not, compile your kernel with options USB_DEBUG and CAMDEBUG.  Before
> trying the rescan, do:
>     camcontrol debug -T 0
> The output should help trace down what is going on.

Recompiled and this is the output:

pegasus# camcontrol debug -T 0
Debugging enabled for 0:-1:-1
pegasus# camcontrol rescan 0
Re-scan of bus 0 was successful
pegasus# camcontrol devlist -v
scbus0 on umass-sim0 bus 0:
<  >                               at scbus0 target -1 lun -1 ()
scbus-1 on xpt0 bus 0:
<  >                               at scbus-1 target -1 lun -1 (xpt0)

The syslog entry on usb plugin has changed, too:

umass0: OnSpec Electronic, Inc.        USB Atapi, rev 1.00/b.02, addr 2,
SCSI over Bulk-Only
umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (STALLED)
umass0:0:0:-1: Attached to scbus0 as device 0

I'm not really sure what the change in the umass-sim0 output should say
me, but i don't think that it looks good, does it?

If you need the full dmesg output, tell me - i wasn't sure if mailing
21 kByte of attached data is ok for this list :-)

With kind regards,

		Frank Altpeter

--
Wer andere erkennt, ist klug. Wer sich selbst erkennt, ist weise.
Wer andere bezwingt, ist stark. Wer sich selbst bezwingt, hat Macht.