Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:39:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <scott@sremick.net>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Firebird 0.6.1 regression?

Marcus,

I've discovered a regression in Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1 (from 0.6) that
appears to be unix/FreeBSD releated (I haven't heard back from anyone using
Linux, but the problem doesn't occur with Win2000).

The "shadowed-out" version of buttons on my site no longer appear. Normally
you have these grayed-out versions, then when you mouseover them it's
replaced with a normal, bright version of the button. But now with 0.6.1
only the bright version when you mouseover them appears... move the mouse
away, and the shadow version isn't there. For an example, compare this page
with 0.6 and 0.6.1:

http://vtbsd.net/ipw-web/portal/cms/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3

I tried this with my main FreeBSD 5.1 system as well as a clean 5.1 install
and both had the same issue. Thought I should mention it to you in case it
was a problem with the porting.

On a side note, I accidentally discovered that FB recognizes the WITH_GTK2
make option, but widgets don't seem quite right (you can't tell the diff
between selected and unselected radio buttons, for example). Are there known
GTK2 problems?

Anyhow, thanks for your time... cheers!

=====
Scott I. Remick   --==--   ICQ: 450152
Save the internet - Use a Mozilla-based browser: http://vtbsd.net/mozilla/
FreeBSD: Because making unix user-friendly is easier than debugging Windows. http://vtbsd.net/freebsd/
"Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."