Date:      Tue, 08 Dec 2015 09:12:06 -0800
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating / keeping current strategies?

Not sure about RPi or bbb but for my imx53 digi som I had my userland on a =
USB stick and loaded the kernel using tftp from u-boot. That was good for d=
evelopment because I could have two USB sticks and did all my cross compili=
ng on an amd64 box. Tftp is reasonably fast but setup is finiky. =C2=A0Not =
so great for production though.=C2=A0

Remember also Ian Lapore has documented a -DNO_CLEAN option for make. =C2=
=A0It's on the wiki but I don't have the page handy. =E2=80=8E Not sure whi=
ch targets it's applicable to. =C2=A0Also there is an option for specifying=
 parts of the base os to build. I don't Remeber whe name (srcconf?). I subm=
itted a patch for the man pages but it's just sitting there in bugzilla. le=
t me know if you want it and I'll dig my notes out.=C2=A0

Russ

Sent=C2=A0from=C2=A0my=C2=A0BlackBerry=C2=A010=C2=A0smartphone=C2=A0on=C2=
=A0the=C2=A0Koodo=C2=A0network.
=C2=A0 Original Message =C2=A0