Date:      Tue, 2 May 1995 01:08:37 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: file: table is full

> maxusers 4
>
> And I always don't want to keep it that low, though the machine is
> well equipped (32MB).I don't want to have too many users running simultaneous-
> ly. Strictly speaking, it's a single user machine and I login at most
> from two or three different sources.

maxusers is poorly named. It does not mean any form of simultaneous users or
anything like that... It is the old name from 4.xBSD (maybe before). Change it
to be at least 8 if you want to have enough space in various kernel tables.
4 is far too low.

--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
   FreeBSD keltia BUILT-19950501 #0: Mon May  1 00:14:02 MET DST 1995