Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 23:13:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Web Server Log Analysis

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Jonathan E. Lyons wrote:

> I've had great success with http-analyze, when I was the admin of a small
> ISP we used it to creat the stats pages for over 100 web servers, all on one
> BSDI machine. Current I've got it running on my 2.2.2 machine, the only
> drawback is the number of log files, but you could disable it.. :) If you
> need a working example try..
>
>         http://cplkagan.globaleyes.net/stats/

I looked at the stats there, and actually I wanted something that could
be configured to do more--e.g., to give me a distribution of the
referers or sources (where the hits are coming from) for particular
files (or directories).  What the 'bots are doing and how often....

Actually I know what my problem is--I'm running out of space and I'm
reluctant to install all three of them and try them, but that's what
I really should do.  Thanks!

	Annelise