Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:31:31 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        mike@sentex.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: resetting a cardbus device

In message: <6.2.0.14.0.20041230161833.05a71598@64.7.153.2>
            Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net> writes:
: I am working with a cardbus modem that is somewhat buggy.  Unfortunately, I
: dont have much documentation for its AT Command set (its a GPRS modem) and
: at&f or atz does not seem to reset it properly when it goes "wonky".  The
: only way is to pull it out and put it back in.  Unfortunately, I want to
: remotely deploy this device so I cant physically do that.  A reboot seems
: to work, but thats not the greatest thing to do either.
:
: dmesg shows
:
:
: cbb0: <RF5C476 PCI-CardBus Bridge> mem 0xe6400000-0xe6400fff irq 12 at
: device 10.0 on pci0
: cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
: pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
: cbb1: <RF5C476 PCI-CardBus Bridge> mem 0xe6405000-0xe6405fff irq 5 at
: device 10.1 on pci0
: cardbus1: <CardBus bus> on cbb1
: pccard1: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb1
:
: sio4: <Sony Ericsson GC82 PC Card> at port 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 12 function 0
: config 32 on pccard0
: sio4: type 16550A
: sio4: unable to activate interrupt in fast mode - using normal mode
:
: This is a RELENG_5 box from 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #0: Wed Dec 22

You could create a sio_pci.ko module that just has the sio_pci.c file
in it.  You can also create a custom sio.ko module w/o this.  Then you
can unload/load that module.

Warner