Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 00:25:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Orthoefer <orthoefe@gte.net>
To:        Lucky Green <shamrock@adsl.cypherpunks.to>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mystery service on port 139

It's possible that inetd is listening on that port.  Check inetd.conf.  Is
that udp or tcp?

Pull lsof out of the ports tree and run it on the host in question,
looking for network associated open file descriptors.

Fstat will also show open file descriptors, including network associated
ones, but its kind of hard to associate the numbers it prints with the
port numbers being listened on.