Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:07:13 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        jschoch@siscom.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD v3.5!!!!!!!!!

If I had to rebuild a production box completely, I would have to put about
a week worth of time into it. Upgrading a production box would cause
non-acceptable downtimes. Upgrading 3.x-S to 3.5-S can be done using
CVSuping and make buildworld while in production. make installworld needs
a couple of minutes in single-user mode only. Hardly anybody will notice
if I do this at, say, 6 a.m.

IMHO, the 3-Stable branch has at least another year of live in it --
although it should receive critical fixes only now.

Just my $.05.
-Christoph Sold