Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 2015 14:52:22 +0200
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-office@freebsd.org
Subject:   editors/libreoffice JDBC driver for MySQL

Has anyone figured out how the JDBC driver is supposed to be installed into=
 libreoffice on FreeBSD? The extensions page on the libreoffice website has=
 a native-sql connector but it's for Linux and I get a "this extension cann=
ot work on this computer" when trying to install that extension.

I was able to connect math/gnumeric for example through the use of Gnome's =
DB connection component databases/libgda5-mysql, but that does not seem to =
work for libreoffice. As another example, KDE's Kexi program is also able t=
o connect to the MySQL server.

Some solutions suggest installing "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" from http://dev.m=
ysql.com/downloads/connector/j/, but that does not make a whole lot of sens=
e to me. I have databases/mysql-connector-java installed, but libreoffice d=
oes not see that package (or IDK how to point libreoffice to it).

Regards.

--=20
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.