Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:44:04 -0500
From:      youlgok@attglobal.net
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HELP: NIC and system crash

FreeBSD-3.3 box can't recognize NIC card at ed0.  While I was using X
Window, the system was frozen and crashed.  I had to turned off the
power switch.  After that the machine can't recognize the NIC card at
ISA slot, ed0.  In dmesg, ed0 not found at 0x280.   I even re-built the
kernel, because in this way it resolved the problem on FBSD-2.2 box, but
it still can't see the NIC card.

After re-building the kernel and re-booting, when I run Post
Installation Configuration in /sys/install(the one appears in the
message when log in),  it occurs errors and exit the /sys/install and
the screen acts weirdly.

Please provide me any tips and advice.  Thanks a lot.