Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:16:12 +0200
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.ORG, wilko@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: www.freebsd.org not getting rebuilt?

On 2001-09-21 15:32:27 -0700, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> Sometime yesterday, I put the Alpha architecture release notes for
> 4.4-RELEASE on the Web site.  Although I got it committed, and a test
> build of the Web site on my local machine completed without incident, I
> still haven't seen the change show up on www.freebsd.org.  It's been
> long enough (~1 day) that the server should have rebuilt, but I haven't
> seen it.
>
> At first I thought that something was wedged on www.freebsd.org, but I
> haven't seen this change show up on any of an extremely unscientific
> pseudo-random sampling of Web site mirrors, either.
>
> Can someone lend me a clue as to what might be happening?

Hi Bruce,

for unknown reasons, the `cvs update' failed with exit status 1
and the site was not build.

I removed the old sources and did a fresh cvs checkout. The
site should now build again without problems.

I have no idea why cvs failed. The webupdate cron job should have
reported the failure to freebsd-doc, or at least to the www account but
I did not found any message in my mailbox. Very strange.

-Wolfram

--
Wolfram Schneider <wosch@FreeBSD.org> http://wolfram.schneider.org