Date:      Mon, 28 May 2012 10:46:02 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        "Howard Leadmon" <howard@leadmon.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't get irc/inspircd to build, any clues?

On Mon, 28 May 2012 04:30:14 -0400, Howard Leadmon wrote:

>  Does anyone know if the irc/inspircd port for FreeBSD works?    I have
> tried it on an FBSD 9 server, as well as an older version of the FreeBSD
> with the same results.
>
>  If I try and run make the build the port, I get the following error:
>

> # make
> ===>  Building for inspircd-2.0.5
> make: cannot open BSDmakefile.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/irc/inspircd.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/irc/inspircd.
> #
>

> I figure maybe someone has gotten this to build, so figured I would toss it
> out here as using my googlefu I found years ago someone posting the same
> problem, but never found any resolution.

Just tried "very carefully", all steps seem to work fine
(OS 8.2-STABLE/x86 of August 2011 here, ports tree not
fully up to date, so port version is just 2.0.2):

	# make config
	# make fetch
	# make extract
	# make

I interrupted the "make" stage as everything seemed to
compile normally. As I said, the installation here is
already a bit old, but I hesitate to update anything
because, you know, never touch a running system. :-)

Make sure your ports tree is okay. The file mentioned
in the error message should be extracted intowork/:
/usr/ports/irc/inspircd/work/InspIRCd-2.0.2/BSDmakefile.

Do a "make clean" before you try again.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany