Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:17:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      pcasidy@worldnet.fr (Philippe CASIDY)
To:        "Ed Smith" <mav102@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New Install fails

In article <19990907032509.47572.qmail_hotmail.com@ns.sol.net>,
	"Ed Smith" <mav102@hotmail.com> writes:
> After a very sucessful I reboot to start the first time running and it comes
> up and says automatic reboot and then a few checks on the drives for
> fragmentation then it says hostname. and then that is the end it just dies
> there.  I have checked everything from disk geometry all my hardware is
> compatible and without conflict.  I'm not on the mailing list so please
> reply to me directly or tell me how to subscibe if nessary.  Thanks for your
> help!

Are you sure it is dying? Can you just wait a few minutes and see
what happens?

Generally speaking the install works very fine but there lay be
something missing in the configuration.

What version of FreeBSD do you use? Which hardware?

You can have a look http://freebsd.org/handbook/handbook356.html#709
or something similar for a description about how to subscribe to
the mailing lists.

Phil.