Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:47:33 -0400
From:      "Tsu-Fan Cheng" <tfcheng@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   compress films

Hi BSDers,
   I am running freebsd 6.1/amd64. I sometimes download films and they are
quite large, like 1.4GB or something. I want to make it smaller by using
mencoder, the script I use is as such:
>mencoder ddd.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -vf scale=352:240 -oac
lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp3:abitrate=48 -o ggg.avi

But sometimes the ggg.avi can still be a little larger than 700mB, is there
any more optimization I can do, or use other app to do this better??

many thanks!!

TFC