Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 95 17:15:05 JST
From:      kushidam@noa.nttdata.jp
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Install trouble, help me!

Hi! :-)

I can't install FreeBSD 2.1.0 from CDROM .
Please, teach me what's wrong.

# My PC 's

Sever		PC (my assembled)
OS			FreeBSD 2.0.5R
CDROM drive	SCSI TOSHIBA
LAN board	NE2000

 I want to install this machine ,
Cilent		Digital Hinete Ultra CS433 (--> DHU )
LAN card	3COM EtherLink 3

* I was booted DHU from boot.flp ( I make this floppy form FreeBSD 2.1.0 CDRO
M)
* I was choice "Novice installration"
* I tried FTP install from MY PC's CDROM drive. It's works FreeBSD 2.0.5R as
FTP server.
* Installer's messager ,following.

	DHU: Unable to transfer the bin bistribution from ftp://192.168.10.1

	DHU: Do you want to try to retrive it again?

		( I selected RETRY )

	DHU: Fatel signal 11 caught ! I'm dead

 my DHU Hung up, and my FTP server can't umount cdrom. cdrom drive is Device
busy.

Then I was tried FTP install from another FTP server (widows NT server 3.5),b
ut
same result.

	DHU: Unable to transfer the bin bistribution from ftp://192.168.10.4

	DHU: Do you want to try to retrive it again?

		( I selected RETRY )

	DHU: Fatel signal 11 caught ! I'm dead

 Please tell me what wrong ? or CDROM Media is wrong?
but DHU can FTP from MY FTP server and the same  FreeBSD 2.1.0R CDROM. WHY?

				kushida masaki

				E-Mail kushidam@noa.nttdata.jp