Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 1996 18:56:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail and mh problem

Am trying to use exmh and cann't figure out how to get the right
return/from address into outgoing mail. Sending mail to myself
thru my ISP I've progressed to the point I can get it to look like
this:
From: "David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>" <dkelly@nexgen.n4hhe.ampr.org>

by adding a line in ~/.mh_profile:
Signature: David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>

My best guess is now sendmail is rewriting the From: line and appending
the extra stuff (which is correctly the domain and name and such I
assigned my system). But I'm connected only on dialup thru an ISP, and
while n4hhe.ampr.org is a real IP address there isn't a static route
to it. So my mail needs to go out with "From dkelly@hiwaay.net" to work
right.

Reading the ORA Sendmail book suggests there are many different places
sendmail could be rewriting my From: lines. I'm lost. Help! Am using
whatever sendmail was in 2.1.0R plus 96 ctm-stable patches.

73,
--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@tomcat1.tbe.com (wk), dkelly@hiwaay.net (hm)