Date:      Sat, 02 Jun 2012 19:26:59 +0700
From:      Erich <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        David Chisnall <theraven@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why Are You Using FreeBSD?

Hi,

On 02 June 2012 PM 12:50:16 David Chisnall wrote:
> On 2 Jun 2012, at 12:19, Erich wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> >> You have this already.  Just install the ports tree snapshot from the release...
> >
> > I know. I just what I would like to get is a direct method also people who are just basic users can use it without many problems.
>
> Run sysinstall, point it at the release CD / DVD, say 'install ports tree'...

how old will the last tree then be?

All I want to suggest that this can be downloaded directly via the Internet.

> Encouraging basic users to run insecure versions of applications, however, is something that I would strongly object to.

What will a new user do when faced with this situation? Just go back to what ever system was installed before and keep the fingers off FreeBSD as it seemed too difficult to find a solution for a small problem.

It is like selling sharp knifes. There will be always the risk that people will get killed by the knife. But there are still sharp knifes available in shops.

Erich