Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 22:38:45 -0700
From:      gek <gekk0@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   my list

Hi All,

I apologize for the mass amount of email concerning this latest development.

I set up a new list for FreeBSD newbies, to subscribe, just send a blank
email to:
fbsd-newbies-subscribe@makelist.com        (original name eh? :)  )

The list is set up for people new to FreeBSD to discuss and ask questions
regarding FreeBSD.  The list is target towards "newbies", so just remember
that a answer to the question you ask may not be able to be answered by
list memebers.

Eventually I would like to develop a FAQ, to answer some of the simple
questions, how to I delete a file, etc....Anyone interested in being the
FAQ maintainer?  :)

I am not trying to compete with this list, but offer people another avenue
to pursue their questions.

The rules for this list are:
1) No spam
2) No excessive flaming
3) Try to keep it somewhat related to FreeBSD
4) Only members of the list can post to the list.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Kevin