Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 11:51:46 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: latest bt848 code

Hi,

Amancio said:
>Also this weekend I will look into the problem with contrast, color
>saturation values being forgotten by the driver.
>>From The Desk Of "Louis A. Mamakos" :
>> One that that I have noticed is that the state of brightness, contrast, etc,
>> seems to be lost whenever the frame capture starts up again after an expose,
>> resize, etc.

the problem is in fxtv:

 tvcapture.c:TVCAPTUREStart(), around line 458:

    /*  SETUP CAPTURE PARAMETERS  */

    /*  format  */
    /*  input  */
    /*  brightness  */
    /*  contrast  */

here Randall is resetting the color values each time.  I discussed this with
him, he was doing it because of warnings about the driver easily loosing
state of many values.  If you remove these lines the problem goes away without
any side-effects (that I can see).

Randall, have you attempted to deal with this yet in your source tree?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by