Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 23:44:38 -0600
From:      Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   new ipfw command

I have started writing a new ipfw command (fwadm) that
is much like ipfw, but differs in a number of areas:

1) I use lex and yacc to support a more flexable grammar.
2) I support command line, file, and interactive modes.
   (the interactive mode uses readline)
3) I've started an interactive help mode.. I'm thinking
   about modeling it after the Cisco IOS.
4) The code is modular enough to be useful to someone who
   didn't write it.

What I am looking for are ideas, and before I put too much
effort into this, an opinion on whether or not a more
"friendly" ipfw is even a good idea.  I have a number of
my own ideas, but "usefulness" is my primary goal.

Any comments or requests for the code in its current state
are welcome.

--
Chad David        davidc@acns.ab.ca
ACNS Inc.         Calgary, Alberta Canada