Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 1995 14:34:24 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ron Porter <porter@fozzie.chem.wisc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   XFree86, kernal rebuild & bus mouse

Hello,
  I have some quetions i need answerd. I recently rebuilt my
kernal to add the mse0 driver, for the bus mouse that comes
whith the older(3-4yrs) ATI vgawonder cards. The first question
is, why do i get the "not probed due to irq conflict...",
errors at boot up. Thers a couple of them. I
don't think there is actually another device there, theres
just extra stuff in the kernal that i didn't understand, so
i left it in.
 Also i don't think that this kernal statement accually did anythig
If i do a "cat < /dev/mse0" it just drops me back to the prompt. But
if i do "cat < ttyp0" it hangs as though it's waiting.
 I added "protocol "busMouse"
and      Device "/dev/mse0"
to the XF86Config and when i "startx" i can see the pointer, but
can't move it. You have to specify an interrupt in the kernal
config file, but how do you know which interrupt??
FreeBSD1.1.5.1
XFree86-3.1
 Thanks, Ron Porter
--