Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:35:49 +0100
From:      Bernhard =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        meta <meta@vmeta.jp>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The state of redports

On Di., 27. Nov. 2012 04:38:39 CET, meta <meta@vmeta.jp> wrote:

> I know the work continues on rebuilding infrastructure.
> Is priority low to reopen redports than other infrastructure?

The bottleneck right now are people that can do the security audit and verify carefully which machines are safe and which we need to setup from scratch.

> Could anybody tell me when redports will be back?
> In a few days? weeks? months? or almost a year?

I honestly don't know and I'm unable to make an educated guess so all I can do is to inform people once I have some news. But we are surely talking about days or weeks because otherwise I'll reactivate my box in the basement ...

Sorry that this incident knocked redports down for such a long time. Redports still isn't critical enough to the project that it gets dealt with immediately so the plan is clear. We need to provide services to the src people and something nice for cluster admins, security teams and core to make them feel the pain like we do when redports is offline.

--
http://www.bluelife.at/