Date:      Thu, 08 Oct 1998 23:33:52 +1300
From:      wheely <wheely@ihug.co.nz>
To:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr, grog@lemis.com
Cc:        joe@monk.via.net, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup question

At 21:42 8/10/98 , Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr wrote:

>Wasn't the 2.2.5 to 2.2.6 step the time when /etc/fstab changed format
>(with the introduction^H^H^H^H^Hdisappearance of the compatibiliy slice)

Yep, but thats no problem, you will just get a message asking you to change
it to so-and-so when you reboot (It will mount it correctly for you so you
can do that).

>> On Wednesday,  7 October 1998 at 15:50:00 -0700, Joe McGuckin wrote:
>> >
>> > I have a 2.2.5-RELEASE system. If I use cvsup with the stable-supfile
>> > config, will that upgrade the system to 2.2.7-STABLE?
>
>> It's not impossible that you might have some slight problems upgrading
>> from 2.2.5 to a recent 2.2-STABLE.  If you do, make sure you know
>> what you're doing before proceeding (by sending a message to
>> -questions, for example).

I just upgraded from 2.2.5-RELEASE to 2.2.7-STABLE today, no real problems
I've found (yet) as long as you follow the instructions at
http://www.nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk/FreeBSD/make-world/make-world.html
. Be careful to update /etc properly - a lot of changes have gone on in the
last year. You may have to reinstall some ports too.

wheely