Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 1998 14:51:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Chandrasekar.K" <chandru@serabi.lkg.dec.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendto: No buffer space available

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Chandrasekar.K wrote:

> Hi ,
>    i installed freebsd 2.2.5 on my disgital celebris fx-2.
> it has on board fast ethernet 21143 and two DE205 nic cards.
> i am not using 21143 since it was giving an error when reading its
> ROM ( de0: can't read ENET ROM (why=-4)
> so i am using the NIC cards (DE205s)
> after some time ( say 120 mins) i am getting the error
> ping: sendto: No buffer space available.
> ( i am pinging ofcource)

The 21143 must be brand new, I've never seen it before.

The ``no buffer space available'' message may be due to improper routing
or your network adapter going south.  Does the network work OK until this
point?

You might try running

ifconfig de0 down
ifconfig de0 up

when it sticks up.  Replace de0 with the name of the appropriate
interface.