Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2012 13:40:09 GMT
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb/133989

The following reply was made to PR usb/133989; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 08:24:36 -0500

 One way to slide past it is that the mountroot prompt accepts a '.' to
 spin around the kernel for a second or so to complete various
 background tasks.  It's meant to allow finishing probing drives etc,
 but on systems I've tried it also works for letting the USB stack pick
 up the keyboard.

 Of course, using this as a workaround is severely diluted by the fact
 that you need a working keyboard to run the hack to get the keyboard
 working   ;)  But something in the spirit of the original patch would
 be a real nice plus; this bites me on a regular (rare, but still
 regular) basis...

 --
 Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net