Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 1995 21:08:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Pritchard <pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Fade screen saver page faults

I was trying to enable to "fade" screen saver, but anytime that
the screen saver tries to start, I get a panic with the message
"page fault while in kernel mode".  All of the other screen savers
work just fine.  Running a modstat shows that the fade saver
is loading at the same address as all of the other savers.
Examining the crash dump shows that it faults right at the line in
in syscons.c where it attempts to call the screen saver (making it
look like the saver never loaded, but modstat says it is fine).

I tried sup-ing the entire source tree this morning and doing a full
kernel built, and rebuilding everything in /usr/src/lkm, along with new
modstat/modload/modunload command with no better luck.  Can anyone
else get this screen saver to work, or am I the only unlucky one?
And if it is just happening to me, anyone have any ideas why?
--
Mike Pritchard
pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu