Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 03:36:17 +0300 (EEST)
From:      "Oles' Hnatkevych" <gnut@nut.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   msdosfs

Hello

   There's a feature I would like to correct for myself. All I need is
a hint where to search and what to search.

   The point:

   I mount fat32 partition to freebsd. Stable one. Windows is cyrilic,
russian. And commands that work with directory entries do not want
to show russian filenames, reporting something to the stderr.
Obviously I do not like this ;-)

   I presume there can be 3 ways of solving problems. The first one is
to define some 'hackers' option into the kernel. ;-) The second one is
to correct the source for myself. I know I can find it in
/usr/src/sys/msdosfs/, but I also expect to exist some pecurialities.
The third way is to use someone else solution, I am strongly sure
I am not alone with this problem ;-) (especially since filenames
shold be recoded from KOI-8 to Windows-1251...)

   So I expect any comments, hints etc.

   Thank you in advance.

With best wishes, Oles Hnatkevych, http://gnut.kiev.ua
  Finance & Credit Banking Corp., Kyiv, Ukraine
  phone: work 2476977