Date:      25 Dec 1999 03:37:28 +0100
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   OSF/1 emulation: ksh93?

I gather FreeBSD/alpha has grown an OSF/1 emulation. (?)

I maintain the ksh93 port, which alas has to use pre-compiled
executables provided by AT&T. On i386, statically linked BSD/OS
binaries work fine. AT&T also offers OSF/1 binaries. Since I don't
have access to FreeBSD on alpha, I need to enlist somebody else's
assistance to check these out.

Go to <URL:http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/reuse/>, follow
the link "Non-Commercial License Agreement and Available Software
[ Binary ]", choose ast-base-97 and ast-base-99 with operating
system "UNIX: Dec Alpha OSF/1" for download.

Questions: Can the ksh93 executables be made to work on FreeBSD?
Are they statically or dynamically linked? Special kernel options
and/or Tru64 shared libs required?

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de