Date:      Wed, 8 Feb 2012 13:00:32 GMT
From:      Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/161899: Repeating RTM_MISS packets causing high CPU load for ntpd

The following reply was made to PR kern/161899; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
To: Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/161899: Repeating RTM_MISS packets causing high CPU load
 for ntpd
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 16:59:44 +0400

 > Any update on this, would have been nice to see a fix hit before
 > 9.0. If you need any more information please let me know.

 AFAIK, this is no longer a problem in 9.0-RELEASE or in HEAD.

 The cause for this number of misses is absense of a route for
 IPv4 mapped block in IPv6 routing table.

 Here it is:

 # netstat -rn -f inet6
 Routing tables

 Internet6:
 Destination                       Gateway                       Flags      Netif Expire
 ::/96                             ::1                           UGRS        lo0

 Some rc.d script installs this prefix in 9.0 and 10.0. If it hasn't
 been merged to stable/8, then it needs to be found and merged.

 --
 Totus tuus, Glebius.