Date:      Mon, 06 Jan 1997 10:09:19 +0200
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Byron Ellis <bellis@ucla.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No Boot Manager

Byron Ellis wrote:

> Hi, I tried installing FreeBSD on a two HD system, the first a 2GB Win95
> drive, and the second 2GB drive for FreeBSD, the install seems to have been
> a success, but I don't get a bootmanager on boot up, it just goes directly
> to Win95.

That's because sysinstall is slightly brain-damaged, and puts the boot
manager on the *second* disk. What you need to do is either of two:

1. When installing, tell the installation program to use *both* disks.

2. Or: Boot DOS (not MSDOS mode on Win95) and run bootinst.exe (or
something like that) from /tools directory on the CD (or the ftp site).

> ---
> "I have a _cunning_ plan..."
>         - Baldric
> "Dr. Who-o!/Dr. Who!/Dr. Who-o!/The Daleks!"
>         - The Timelords
> "You dropped your rock"
>         - Mel Gibson
> Byron Ellis (bellis@ucla.edu)