Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 04:19:11 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Juha Saarinen' <juha_saarinen@email.msn.com>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Ports and upgrading

	This was already addressed in one of the patches applied to the
2.0.5a version in the ports.  But I am well aware of the bug as I had to
patch it on my system before it made it's way into the ported version.

	I wasn't aware there was a 2.0.6 to be honest.  :)  Maybe they found
a better fix for it.

> > 	Now I know you haven't updated your ports with cvsup, either that or
> > you haven't looked since updating.  Because KDE 1.1.2 has been in
> > there for
> > a while.
>
> I have, I promise. Mind you, I've been using cvsup.au.freebsd.org. Mebbe
> not
> a recent tree? Or am I missing something again? I'm using the
> ports-supfile
> in the /usr/share/examples/cvsup directory.

	That should be fine.. you could try synching with the main site just
to see if there is a difference.

> > 	Tell me about it.  If it's a problem symlink /usr/ports/disfiles to
> > a dir on a larger partition.  Also, make sure you are doing a make clean
> > after each port is installed.
>
> Yep... that's good advice. /home is almost empty so it'll have to take a
> few
> files I reckon.

	Sounds good to me, that's what I did.