Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 06:56:25 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        jake@bc1.com (Jake)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no sound in FXTV

#define quoting(Jake)
// Hi, I'm still not getting any sound in FXTV.
// I just upgraded to the latest bt848 driver, and fxtv 0.45.
// I like the new additions, but I iwsh I could get sound.
//
// I have a zoltrix tx max pci capture card, and a soundblaster 16
// sound card.  I think everything is setup right.  I got all the extra prgrams
// fxtv needed that weren't ports, and I made the tuner devices.
// Sound works in doom, and an audio cd plays with xcdplayer.
// I have my sound crad connetced to my stereo, so all the sound plays thorugh
// that, and then I have a 1/8" mini-plug from sound-in on the sound card to
// sound out on the capture card.  I'm using 2.2.2-RELEASE, but I haven't done

Very strange...

Let's try to find where the problem is.  Have you already tried some
sound input in the sound-in plug of the audio card ?  If it does work,
must be a problem in the audio mux.  It's possible, since zoltrix is
not a bt848 tested device.

// anything to the sound driver.  Is there a newer version I should get?
// I've tryed changing the vol, line, cd and mic settings in mixer to 100.
// I have it hooked up to an antenna, and i always get good picture,
// but no sound.
//
// The only thing I can think of is that the card is detected as a Miro TV card
// with TEMIC NTSC tuner.  should I change it to card_unkown?

Maybe you could play with various card types and see if any one
works for you.  Please, let us know if one does work.

// I know the zoltrix isn't under the supported cards, but it is just
// a bt848 card.
//
// I haven't tried the card with win95 yet for obvious reasons,
// but I have a feeling that's the only way to kno if the card is producing
// sound at all.

It's a good test.

Try also to connect the audio out from the bt848 card direct to the
sound system.

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br