Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 16:58:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dennis Ostrovsky <denis.ostrovsky@yale.edu>
To:        GVB <gvb@tns.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compat_2_2

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, GVB wrote:

> I have read in multiple places that the correct way is to do make aout-to-elf.

Nope. :) Maybe this is why so many people are having problems. I believe
Jordan sent an e-mail to the stable list regarding this in mid-February.
Make upgrade does all of the necessary aout to elf conversions for you, it
installs new boot blocks, and compiles a new kernel.

> I was using DES with 2.2.8, nothing weird or non-standard.

I've never used any kind of extra encryption myself, so I'm not sure what
the solution is. I don't even know where the option to enable DES
encryption is. :P

Dennis

    Dennis Ostrovsky ** Department of Chemistry ** Yale University

E-mail: den@master.chem.yale.edu     WWW: http://pantheon.yale.edu/~do33