Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2012 17:31:18 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/devel/xdg-utils Makefile

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 6:20 AM, Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru> wrote:
<snip>
> [1] After committing the path to xdg-utils I've got a new error
> for djview4 installing:
> -----
> Run /usr/local/share/djvu/djview4/desktop/register-djview-menu install
> =A0to register the djview3 menu entries.
> xdg-desktop-menu: No writable system menu directory found.
> *** Error code 3
> -----
>
> The full log is here:
> https://redports.org//~bsam/20120418194919-96537-20561/djview-4.8_1.log
>
> xdg-desktop-menu in system mode uses /usr/local/share/desktop-directories=
.
> Which directory is standard for desktop entries for FreeBSD?
> I mean not gnome, not kde, etc. but actually =A0FreeBSD. As for
> me I use fluxbox as a wm.
>
> Sure I can create that directory while installing djview4,
> but I rather not to.

Yes, this port will have to create directory. The
share/desktop-directories is a standard directory for many different
desktops (ie: GNOME, KDE, etc). It's pretty much as same as with
share/icons. It's why I said that xdg-utils is flawed for not create
those directory, because it is an installation tool.

Cheers,
Mezz

> --
> WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)