Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 09:31:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Burton Sampley <bsampley@bsampley.vip.best.com>
To:        Ron Bolin <rlb@mindspring.com>
Subject:   Re: StarOffice on 3.0 current

I'm running -current (last cvsup'ed & make world on 09/11/97) and
Staroffice (built from 'ports').  It depends on how it was installed the
frist time you tried to run it.  When I did the 'local' install to a
user's $HOME dir, it puked.  I then un-installed and chose the install
option that installs only a 'stub' in the local dir and everything else in
something like /usr/local/*?*.

It runs, but I'm getting some strange graphics.  Some of the icons appear
as a black square with a grey border.  When I move the pointer over the
icon a dialog box pops up with what the icon does (and it actually
functions as expected).  When I open a new file some of these icons change
to the appropriate icon.  It all seems to work, so I didn't waste too much
time worrying about it.

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Ron Bolin wrote:

> Has anyone had success in the getting Staroffice pakcage to run on 3.0?
> I installed it and the linux devel/lib packages, but  it just hangs.
>
> I can run other linux programs Adobie Acrobat, and Wingz, but SO won't.
> StarOffice "setup" tries to run first, but it hangs after a lot of disk
> activity.
> I checked, my LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes the SO libs too.
>
> Got any ideas?
>

> Thanks
>
> Ron
>
> --