Date:      Sat, 02 Jun 2012 19:32:51 +0700
From:      Erich <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Daniel Kalchev <daniel@digsys.bg>
Subject:   Re: Why Are You Using FreeBSD?

Hi,

On 02 June 2012 PM 2:53:48 Daniel Kalchev wrote:

> You don't have to use the (arguable old) 'release' ports tree. Ports get
> fixed/adapted for the new version usually months after release.

I think we are talking here about two totally different problems. Your hint with sysinstall would do the same when the CD is available.

Very, very simple and only for things went wrong.

You are thinking of a much more complex solution.

I know that the ports tree is a moving target. But it stops moving during the release period. This could be used to give a fall back solution.

Or do I see this really too simple?

Erich