Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 11:57:52 +0200
From:      "Meissner, Norbert" <norbert.meissner@daimlerchrysler.com>
To:        "'Greg Lehey'" <grog@lemis.com>, "Meissner, Norbert" <norbert.meissner@daimlerchrysler.com>
Cc:        cjclark <cjclark@home.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   AW: Printing Manpages

hi folks,

the correct solution is (if a2ps is installed)

  man topic | a2ps -2 -m | lpr -P myprinter

for the options -2 -m read this cutout of the a2ps manpage:

       -m    Understand UNIX manual output ie: 66 lines per page,

             no line numbering and possible bolding and underlin-

             ing  sequences.  The  understanding  of  bolding and

             underlining is there by default even if  -m  is  not

             specified.=20
       -2    Print  two  pages per physical page (twinpage mode),  =20
             side by side or up-down, depending on  the  printing  =20
             mode (landscape or portrait).                         =20

I've done this many times and it works!

Norbert
                                                                   =20
                                                       =20