Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 16:14:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Lamont Granquist <lamont@scriptkiddie.org>
To:        Sung Nae Cho <sucho2@quasar.phys.vt.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD more secure than Windows NT or Windows 2000?

yeah, okay, too much caffeine, too little sleep, too little food...
sorry...

for future reference, though, you should probably tone it down a bit when
you're asking about O/S comparisons that are likely to produce kneejerk
those topics.

also to try to add a bit of information to this reply, I believe there's a
utility which someone sells for a few hundred bucks which will let you
boot from floppies and reset the local admin password on a Win2K box.
for WinNT there are freeware utilities out there which will let you do
this.  for both of them there are freeware utilities which will let you
boot from a floppy and read the NTFS partition (particularly to get/edit
the NT equivalent of the password file).  and of course there's also
l0phtcrack...