Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:36:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org>
To:        "Greg Lewis" <glewis@misty.eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New diablo caffe port/pkg problem

Greg Lewis said:
>> So the port mechanism is broken?
>
> No, you fetched the wrong distribution for the port.  The port
> gives you a specific URL to fetch from, please use that and you
> will get the correct file.  What you got is a package, not the
> tarball the port uses.

Yeah, I tried using the URL from the port instructions in the
text-based w3m browser and it didn't work.  So I went to the
web page and saw that file, which you identified as the package

>>   % /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.3.1/bin/java -version
>>   java was not found in /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.3.1/bin/i386/native_threads/java
>
> You have an environment variable set or have modified jvm.cfg to make
> the JDK use native threads.  As you point out below, there are no native
> threads included with this release.

You're right,  setenv THREADS_FLAG native was in my environment
from a build of /usr/ports/jdk13 WITH_HOTSPOT=yes.  Took that out
and now everything is peachy.

Thanks for the help.