Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:25:03 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-python@freebsd.org
Cc:        Andrey Zonov <andrey@zonov.org>
Subject:   Earlier patch to always install python's eggs as unpacked files

There was a patch in this post from last year
(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-python/2011-August/003701.html) to
make python packages unpack eggs to avoid problems with shared egg caches and
to avoid requiring Internet access during pkg_add.  Andrey mentioned doing an
exp run with his patch.  I don't see the patch committed to bsd.python.mk or
any further replies to the thread.  We are running into some of these issues
using our own packages at my work.  Were there any problems with this patch or
during it's exp run?

--
John Baldwin