Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 1995 09:21:47 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, jhay@mikom.csir.co.za
Subject:   Re: pseudo device lkm's broken

>It looks like the pseudo device lkm's are broken. (lkm/if_disc, if_ppp etc)
>I think it has something to do with the changes in sys/kernel.h.

>Here is the error message for lkm/if_disc:
>angel:/usr/src/lkm/if_disc # make
>cc -O -I. -DINET  -DKERNEL -I/usr/src/lkm/if_disc/../../sys -W -Wcomment
>-Wredundant-decls -DPSEUDO_LKM -c /usr/src/lkm/if_disc/../../sys/net/if_disc.c
>/usr/src/lkm/if_disc/../../sys/net/if_disc.c: In function `if_disc_load':
>/usr/src/lkm/if_disc/../../sys/net/if_disc.c:84: too few arguments to
>function `discattach'
>*** Error code 1

I added the arg to discattach() and several other functions because
sysinit functions are supposed to have one and there were type errors
in the kernel, at least when everything is prototyped.  lkms are
compiled with -DPSEUDO_LKM which now apparently gives a PSEUDO_SET()
set macro that is incompatible with the kernel one.

This can probably be fixed by adding a dummy ((caddr_t)NULL) arg to
init() in the lkm PSEUDO_SET().  The correct fix is probably to
get rid of the deprecated kernel PSEUDO_SET() and remove all the
dummy args.  Even for boot-time sysinits, the args are almost
always dummies.

Bruce