Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 21:15:42 +0100
From:      Stefan Engel <Stefan.Engel@syngenio.de>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Subject:   Re: Problems with boot order of multiple adapters

"Justin T. Gibbs" wrote:

> >Is there any way to tell Linux or the device driver to first use the internal
> >controllers and then the 29160?
>
> Disable the SCSI BIOS on all contollers *but* the controller you want
> to boot from.  You can do this via the SCSI-Select menu.

That's it. Now it's working as expected.

Only that at first I haven't found how to disable the
BIOS. On my Adaptec 29160 with BIOS 3.10.0 there is no
option "Host Adapter BIOS: enable/disable ..." as shown
in the manual which came with the card. Searching

  http://ask.adaptec.com -> "Find Answers"
  Question: "How do I disable BIOS on the Adaptec SCSI Controller"

I found the answer. Disabling the BIOS can either be done
with the option "Host Adapter BIOS" or with
"SCSI Controller Int 13 Support".

Many thanks,

Stefan

--
Stefan Engel                      Syngenio AG
mailto:Stefan.Engel@syngenio.de   http://www.syngenio.de