Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 08:36:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Kent S. Gordon" <kgor@inetspace.com>
To:        mantar@netcom.com
Cc:        wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: X still broken?

    > I have the same problem. I just rebooted with a week old kernel
    > and everything works fine. I'm building a new kernel now from
    > current sources and will try that.
I found that my xinit hangs and never executes any of the X
applications in my .xinitrc.  If I go to another login and set the
display to hostname:0.0 instead of :0.0 and run xhost +.  I can then
start up other X applications.   I have not had a chance to look
investigate more, but the merge broke the local transport (Shared
memory?).  I have the system V shared memory/queues/semaphores in my
kernel, but at the moment ipcs does not show any being used.  Can
other confirm that the hang only occurs if local transport (:0)
instead of tcp/ip transport for X is used?

Kent S. Gordon
Senior Software Engineer
INetSpace Co.
voice: (972)851-3494 fax:(972)702-0384 e-mail:kgor@inetspace.com