Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:19:16 +0000 (GMT)
From:      520023893678-0001@t-online.de (P. U. Kruppa)
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Akinori MUSHA <knu@iDaemons.org>, <portmgr@FreeBSD.ORG>, <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Thoughts about ports freeze

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> Well, all this is fine, but doesn't answer one of my main points: why
> do we shift responsibility for our inability to encourage fellow developers
> to pay attention to CURRENT not only to stable to our end users?
Why should any developer care for a system which is not used
and tested by end users?
I - a typical non developing end user - cannot use CURRENT
because I will not get any support if things don't work. So I
have to track STABLE .
If you whish to get things going, 5.0 should be pushed into
STABLE (and into this list).

Uli.