Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 11:16:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM Thinkpad 365X versus 36589D-COMBO

I've purchased a Thinkpad 365X with 10.5" TFT display for $1099
from USA Flex.  I can't get a 3C589D-COMBO to work.

I've set the 3c589d to I/O 300, IRQ15, and BNC with the 3COM utility
and verified the settings stick.  There are no settings for I/O
memory on this card.  I've verified there are no conflicts listed
in the IBM manual.

When I boot either of the pc-card boot floppies (one ftp'd from
.jp and the one on the 2.2.1 CDROM) and let it do the default PC
card probes it properly finds the card and hooks it in as an "ep".
When I ifconfig it up and down I can see the LED on the BNC adapter
flash, so we're talking to it OK.  However, it isn't working:
attempts to load over NFS result in send errors from mount_nfs and
attempts to do an ftp install hang when it adds the default router.
I don't see any LED flashes at all.  Any ideas?

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval