Date:      Fri, 08 Nov 2002 02:20:45 +0800 (CST)
From:      "sjs" <sjs@mail2000.com.tw>
To:        "" <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
Cc:        "" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: some TCP ports does not reposnd

>>   Is there any way to list the IPs on listen queue or to
>> fix this problem.
>You could look at trafshow (/usr/ports/net/trafshow), which
>shows you what traffic is passing in and out of a specific
>network adapter you specify, or perhaps if you utilize
>IPFilter you could try 'ipfstat -t', which does a similar
>job, showing network connections in their various states.
>
>Sounds to me more like a load problem though, have you checked
>your logfiles for the relevant services and perhaps increased
>the logging levels for those services?

 Thanks for the suggestions. I am very sure that this is not
a load problem. When smtp/http port is unavailable with timeout,
the other ports work fine. The log of both SMTP and HTTP daemon
just freezed which means it's waiting for incoming connection.
That's the weird point. The listen queue is full, but the daemon
cannot get incoming connection by accept(2).

Gareth