Date:      19 Feb 98 00:05:07 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rcs

At 18 Feb 98 23:24:12 Dave Bodenstab wrote regarding Re: rcs

 DB>> I have to checkout 1.59.1.18, rename it, checkout 1.59, delete
 DB> it and rename
 DB>> 1.59.1.18 back and check it in as 1.60, then remove the lock
 DB> for 1.59.1.18.
 DB>
 DB> Whoa!!!!  What's the matter with (assuming your rcs files are in
 DB> the same directory -- if not, modify appropriately):
 DB>
 DB>   co -r1.59.1 *,v
 DB>   rcs -l1.59 *,v
 DB>   ci -r1.60 *,v

As I have the rcs-files in a subdir under the current (This is a dos-port of
rcs), this doesn't apply.

 DB> This, of course, assumes that all files have changed.  If not,
 DB> then prune out the
 DB> un-changed files before checking in 1.60 with:

I currently only have one source, but if I had more, i wouldn't mind the
release-sources all had the same version number. Or perhaps I should just use
symbolic names. Can a particular version have more symbolic names, e.g. both
RELJUN1997 and RELJAN1998, if this source didn't change, but other sources in
the same project did?

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---