Date:      Sun, 26 Oct 1997 20:43:59 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: QuakeWorld 2.01 Server??

In the last episode (Oct 26), Keith Mitchell said:
> Has anyone gotten the Quakeworld 2.01 server to work?  I tired using
> the Linux version (under emulation in 3.0-CURRENT from around
> 10/12/97) but no one can connect to it.  I get errors like:
>
> NET_Sendpacket: Permission Denied

The Linux qwsv 2.01 works fine on my 2.2-970701-RELENG server.

The only thing that I remember causing a "permission denied" on socket
operations is IPFW.  Try the standard stuff: run as root, remove any
ipfw filters, tcpdump the packets, ktrace the binary to see exactly
which syscall is failing.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com
	quake.emsphone.com:27000, 27001, 27500