Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 12:32:22 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   aout cookbook for 3.1?

Is there a kind of cookbook that describes the steps
to perform to get a stock (ELF) 3.1 system to run old (aout)
binaries. I have a lot of them and it's a pain in the 'OS'
to get these /usr/libexec/ld.so not found messages etc.

I find that it should be an installation option to
get the necessary links and directories etc up easily
instead of having to set various paths, copy old libraries into
aout subdirectories and so on.

Maybe I overlooked something user friendly that has been done
in this vein but it didn't spring into my eyes while
doing the install.