Date:      Sun, 06 Mar 2011 21:59:22 +0500
From:      Sergey Nikolenko <s@swa.org.ru>
To:        rotkap@gmx.de
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox 4 - Beta

On 06.03.2011 19:17, Heino Tiedemann wrote:

>>> is there someone who likes to go for the Firefox 4 in ports?
>>>
>>> maybe into www/firefox-devel?
>>>

>>> Firefox 4 is in the State "beta 12" - what means it is the release
>>> candidate.
>>
>> Firefox 4 is available for FreeBSD for a long time in our development
>> repository. Please have a look at this page for more information about
>> the freebsd-gecko repository:
>> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/freebsd-gecko/
>>
>> Firefox 4 lives at:
>> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/freebsd-gecko/branches/experimental/www/firefox-devel/
>>
>> We are not going to commit a Firefox 4 Beta or RC to the ports tree. If
>> you like to test Firefox 4 use the one from the development repository
>> at your own risk.
>
> Cool.
>
> Any manpage or howto how I can gat this on my computer? Do I need SVN
> for that

1. cd /usr/ports/devel/subversion; make install clean
2. cd /usr/ports/www
3. svn co
https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/freebsd-gecko/branches/experimental/www/firefox-devel
4. cd firefox-devel
5. make install clean

The performance of Firefox 4 is impressive, sometimes it's even working
faster than Chromium.